Sunday, September 17, 2006

And the bible didn't mention us

As I've been wandering round Luton over the past two weeks, feeling irrelevant and unconnected, these things have happened. My suspicion (and my theology) is that God is at the heart of all of it, and that perhaps he rather intended the chance meetings and overhearings....

A wonderful lady decides to help me carry my shopping, just as I am wondering what the hell I am doing here in this town. She carries half of it all the way up the hill we live on. She is incredibly kind, incredibly open and lives two doors down from me. It'll be wonderful if I can return the kindness, but that's really not the point. Thanks kind lady. Thanks God.

It turns out the Kingdom of God is like salt; scattered around to bring out the flavour of the food on which is scattered. Making the world tasty; bringing out the good flavours. Please I would like to be more like salt than a do-gooder. Please I don't want to be 'relevant' but rather like a light shining on people so that their true colours are revealed.

And God's answer to my ponderings on the disinterest of our generation in 'spirituality' ?
three young guys on High Town Road, having a (not-unpleasantly) heated discussion on the problems of religion. Ha ha. Yes. yes yes yes.

2 Comments:

At 9/18/2006 11:59:00 PM, Blogger jeff said...

I like you fiona. :-)

 
At 9/21/2006 12:25:00 AM, Blogger liz said...

I like you too, very much xx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home