Saturday, August 26, 2006

Mind a blank

LIVE BLOGGING THIS WEEK - CHECK BACK EACH DAY

Some observations from our first day of mission here in Luton. This evening two people came up to me who knew me from school, and I couldn't even remember their names. This was disappointing, as probably my only advantage when it comes to pub-evangelism is that other people recognise me from my misspent youth, and that means I at least don't have to start the conversation.

The realisation has set in that unless I can begin to recall people's names, others will realise that I have become a liabilty to the team, and I'll be disenthroned as the leader of the church. Any suggestions in the comments section below, please.

1 Comments:

At 8/26/2006 05:03:00 PM, Blogger jeff said...

If you're being serious:
I have a great teaching cd on memory and learning peoples names.
Very funny to listen to, but actually very good.
Improved mine and steve's memory with no practice. But if you do practice you could easily remember 200+ names in an evening... according to the guy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home