Monday, August 14, 2006

Mark's musings (27/07)

This has been our last day altogether in Luton for this week. And that thought is exactly what is unsettling me so.

The next time I come to Luton it will hopefully be to move here for a foreseeable future. John and I hope to have a house by the 2nd week of August, we don't know where it will be yet but maybe we will find out on Friday.

I feel tired and my head is buzzing with thoughts. A recurring thought is how much I know who I am in Cambridge and what I do is known. I don't know how living in Luton is going to pan out or what contribution I will make to the team. I have been confronted this week by what we will do as a church; Reach out and introduce Jesus to our friends. This prospect has slapped me round the face like a wet smelly fish.

There have been many thoughts to accompany these like: what if I cant be bothered? what if it doesn't work? am I really up for this? in the knowledge that I get my energy from being alone, am i doing the right thing?
No doubt these questions will be answered in the fullness of time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home