Tuesday, January 24, 2006

This weekend we were realising potential


Just a quick post to let you know what we were up to this weekend. Myself, Fiona and John joined our friends in St Albans to work on devising an exciting new course. A pre-Alpha, if you like. A course that helps assess your gifts, passions, and desires. The idea is that we (me, fiona, whatever) go in for a few sessions into an existing bunch of friends or cell mates, do the exercises with them and then move on. It's meeting a felt need - finding a way to give something helpful to non-christians.

Things I enjoyed about this weekend:
- staying with Liz West, what a wonderful woman, what a joyful house
- getting away with friends, staying with people who know and like me
- the course is good; really good and it will work very well
- being able to talk about myself (the good bits) and feel affirmed
- learning all the good bits about other people

In seeking to plant church that engages with 18-30s that don't normally engage with church, we are going to have to get creative. This course does that... and that gives me a warm feeling in my toes.

4 Comments:

At 1/31/2006 10:01:00 PM, Blogger Geoff said...

Thats a lovely story. I'm glad there is a blog for this because i am interested in seeing what you're up to. good stuff. geoffxx

 
At 2/03/2006 06:03:00 PM, Blogger liz said...

Is that Geoffrey Michael John Stevenson??

 
At 2/11/2006 09:22:00 PM, Blogger Susan said...

My friend leads a newly planted church in Northampton. Thought I'd give you the web address in case it inspires you with what they're doing! www.quenchme.org.uk
Susan

 
At 2/12/2006 09:41:00 PM, Blogger Geoff said...

I'd appreciate it if you didn't put my whole name up in such a public place

 

Post a Comment

<< Home